C.N.A. Maternal Child- 24 hours per week
Ensures the processing of ancillary department orders. Manages information via telephone, call bell, and direct conversation by directing to the appropriate person(s). Participates in up-staffing and down-staffing for the present and incoming shift in collaboration with the Charge Nurse/Supervisor/Nurse Manager. Performs CNA functions when requested, if applicable. Maintains a positive working relationship with co-workers and other health care professionals. Utilizes excellent customer service skills.
Education, Skills, Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Meets minimum of 12 hours per year of continuing education (hrs. submitted to Health Education Dept. for record keeping).
- ACU and SCU: attends/successfully completes unit secretary basic EKG monitoring course.
- Maintains current BLS (Heart Saver and Healthcare Provider).
- Accountable for competency and will perform in a minimum of two (2) nursing units.