Pines Health Services is a physician practice management organization with 27 physicians and 13 mid-level providers. Pines’ northern Maine locations include Caribou (5 offices), Presque Isle, Limestone and Van Buren. In the fall of 2007, the practice was designated as a Federally Qualified Health Center, providing enhanced access to health care services for all members of the community, and allowing the practice to employ providers holding H-1B and J-1 visas. Pines received a multi-year New Access Points grant from the Federal government in the fall of 2007.
For over 25 years Pines Health Services has provided care to a service area population numbering about 35,000 people. Pines Health Services has a dedicated, volunteer Board of Directors, and a strong, supportive relationship with Cary Medical Center. Pines providers are active members of Cary’s Medical Staff.
Our clinical staff is fully engaged in quality improvement, earning multiple blue ribbons from the Maine Health Alliance. We are a designated preferred provider for State of Maine employees, and have been recognized by Anthem Blue Cross / Blue Shield as a preferred provider based on the demonstrated quality of care provided to our patients.
Unlimited potential exists for a Family Practitioner to join Pines Health Center in Presque Isle, which is a dynamic community that is economically, culturally, and socially inviting. This opportunity exists due to the relocation an existing Family Practitioner.
As an employee of Pines Health Services, the successful Family Practice candidate will receive a competitive salary, generous benefits package, CME reimbursement, relocation assistance, and education loan repayment, if applicable. The physician will receive an annual allowance for licensing and subscriptions for their practice.
- Pines Family Health Center in Presque Isle (15 minutes south of Caribou)
- 8 Internists, including 3 Hospitalists, and 2 Family Practitioners at Pines Health Centers in Presque Isle and Caribou
- Obstetrical services one day per week at Pines Family Health Center in Presque Isle
- 3 Hospitalists provide inpatient coverage, including weekends
- 2 full-time midlevel providers at Pines Family Health Center in Presque Isle
- 3 vascular surgeons at Pines Health Services
- 1,300 to 1,500 patient visits per year
- Preference of provider to see children
- Cary Medical Center outpatient clinics including Cardiology, Pulmonary, Hematology/Oncology, Endocrinology, Neurosurgical, Ear, Nose and Throat, Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Nephrology, Pediatric Gastroenterology, and Podiatry, and Rheumatology, along with diabetes counseling and nutritional therapy
- Pain service start up in April 2007 at Cary Medical Center
- Practice has telephone triage system
Moderate growth in the practice with a subtle shift with more families moving to the area with grown of local industry, including the Defense Financing and Accounting Service, Maine Military Authority and an influx in the number of border patrol officers.
Family Practice Opportunity Profile:
- Status: Full-time, 5 days per week optional; 12 hour shifts, 3 days per week optional; Saturday morning hours optional
- Patients: Patient profile is across the lifespan, primarily elderly with comorbidity
- Call: Rotation – 4 days per month, occasional back up required on weekends
Qualifications of applicants:
- Board Certified or board eligible
- Allopathic and osteopathic physicians will be considered equally
- American born and trained physicians and foreign-born physicians who have completed a US residency and/or fellowship will be considered equally. HIB candidates will be considered.
- In-practice physicians, residents or fellows, and military-trained physicians will be considered equally
This is truly an exciting opportunity for the right candidate. For more information or to inquire further please contact our Coordinator of Physician Recruitment, Tami Kilcollins at 207-498-1158 or toll free 1-800-858-CARY (2279) or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!