Financial Counselor 40 hrs/week
Essential Duties: Contact all overdue accounts with a priority on accounts over $300.00.
- Make payment arrangements according to policy.
- Consolidate accounts according to policy.
- Counsel patients as needed and not on each account via the CPSI system.
- Patient complaints are to be handled immediately or as soon as possible and according to policy.
- Reports: Bad debt list (regular), free care list, medicare bad debts, employee discounts, employee health and small balance adjustments.
- Send payment reports, itemized bills and suit authorizations to collection agency.
- Send employee health benefit payroll deduction forms to payroll.
- Process patient refunds.
- Post payments received from collection agencies.
- Assist cashier as needed.
- Contact local and state agencies as needed.
- Send itemized bills to patients within 24 hours of requests.
- Complete free care applications.
- Monthly contract and miscellaneous billing.
- Write off overdue accounts to bad debt.
- Contact private agencies to establish financial aid to patients that qualify.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must be available to work Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00pm.
Education, Skills, Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of an Associates Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Type at least 30 words per minute with accuracy.