Health Info. Management- Coder 40hrs/wk
Job Summary: Activities include, but are not limited to: the coding of the ED, diagnostic and recurring outpatients and ancillary reports for purposes of reimbursement, statistics and in research, in compliance with federal and state regulations using appropriate classification systems.
Education, Skills, Experience Requirements:
- A High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of current coding classification systems.
- Medical terminology and anatomy.
- Employee is encouraged to obtain a coding certification as a RHIA, RHIT or CCS.
- Completion of any in-hospital training required.
- Ability to relate professionally with other hospital staff.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Some work-related experience is required