Pines Health Services is a physician practice management organization comprised of 32 physicians and 13 mid-level providers. Pines’ northern Maine locations include Caribou (5 primary care and specialty offices), Presque Isle, Washburn, Fort Fairfield and Van Buren. In the fall of 2007, the practice was designated as a Federally Qualified Health Center, providing enhanced access to health care services for all members of the community, and allowing the practice to employ providers holding H-1B and J-1 visas. Pines received a multi-year New Access Points grant from the Federal government in the fall of 2007. Our inaugural fully integrated electronic medical record system became operational in 2011.
For over 33 years Pines Health Services has provided care to a service area population numbering about 35,000 people. Pines Health Services has a dedicated, volunteer Board of Directors, and a strong, supportive relationship with Cary Medical Center. Pines providers are active members and leaders of Cary’s Medical Staff.
Our clinical staff is fully engaged in quality improvement, earning multiple blue ribbons from the Maine Health Alliance. We are a designated preferred provider for State of Maine employees, and have been recognized by Anthem Blue Cross / Blue Shield as a preferred provider based on the demonstrated quality of care provided to our patients. Pines primary care offices are located in Caribou (2), Presque Isle, Van Buren, Fort Fairfield and Washburn. In November 2013, our Caribou, Presque Isle and Van Buren health centers achieved Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home designation from the National Committee on Quality Assurance (NCQA). The vast majority of our providers are already recognized by the NCQA for the Heart, Stroke and Diabetes recognition programs. Pines health centers participate in the MaineCare Health Homes initiative, as well as the Maine Community Accountable Care Organization, a Medicare shared savings program.
Significant potential exists for Hospitalists to join our practice, serving at Cary Medical Center. This opportunity has come about due to the expansion of our services to the Medical Center. Two positions are available to complement two existing Monday – Friday full-time positions and our full-time weekend Hospitalist. The four weekday hospitalists will create a coverage schedule so that: 1) 24 hour coverage is achieved Monday – Friday; 2) coverage assignments between days and nights are distributed evenly; and 3) approximately fifteen scheduled shifts are worked in any four week schedule. All shifts are twelve hours in length, starting at either 6:00 AM or 6:00 PM. Approximately one-half day per week per hospitalist when working is allocated to administrative or non-patient care duties. Weekends are covered by our full-time hospitalist working from 6:00 AM Saturday through 6:00 AM Monday.
As an employee of Pines Health Services, the successful Hospitalist candidate will receive a competitive salary, generous health and welfare benefits package, professional liability insurance, relocation assistance, licensing, DEA registration, and medical education loan repayment (if applicable). Physicians also receive an annual allowance for professional society memberships, subscriptions (print and online), and Continuing Medical Education. Immigration assistance provided by expert legal counsel is provided at the expense of the practice for candidates needing a J-1 waiver, H-1B visa or green card.
To deliver the highest quality healthcare in a compassionate and nurturing environment throughout Aroostook County
We are a community of providers committed to excellence in patient-centered healthcare and to improving the lives of those we serve. We are actively engaged in advancing the health and wellness needs of people in Aroostook County, including the unserved and underserved.
- 6 Internists (including 3 Hospitalists) and 6 Family Practice physicians at Pines Health Centers in Presque Isle, Van Buren and Caribou.
- Hospitalists provide 24/7 inpatient coverage, including weekends, at Cary Medical Center
- The night shift hospitalist is a solo position. The hospital’s Emergency Department is continuously staffed with a Board Certified Emergency Medicine physician.
- Hospitalists are infrequently asked to cover additional shifts for colleague hospitalists who are out of the facility for vacations, holidays or continuing medical education.
- Specialists available in Pines Caribou offices include urology, general surgery, orthopedic surgery and sports medicine, ophthalmology, and hematology/oncology. Pines pathologists work at Cary Medical Center’s clinical laboratory.
- Access to Cary Medical Center outpatient clinics including Cardiology, Pulmonology, Hematology/Oncology, Endocrinology, Neurosurgery, Ear, Nose and Throat, Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Nephrology, Pediatric Gastroenterology, and Rheumatology, along with diabetes counseling (delivered at Pines Caribou Health Center) and nutritional therapy
Provide high quality, efficient inpatient consultation and acute care within the 6-bed combined medical and surgical ICU, the 24-bed med/surg unit, and for admissions coming from the Emergency Department. The hospitalists are responsible for managing post-surgical patients who are on a ventilator and frequently perform pre-operative assessments for the attending surgeons. Communicate effectively on an ongoing basis with hospital social workers and discharge planners, office-based primary care physicians, with specialists at tertiary referral centers by telephone, and coordinate patient transfers to appropriate higher levels of care. Coordinate closely with hospital-employed radiologists and emergency medicine physicians to meet the care needs patients.
- Status: Full-time: 12 hour shifts, approximately fifteen (15) shifts per four-week rotation.
- Patients: Community profile includes a large cohort of elderly patients with co-morbidities
- On-Call Rotation – infrequent coverage resulting from time-off requests of peer hospitalists for vacations, holidays and continuing medical education.
Qualifications of applicants:
- Board Certified or board eligible in Internal Medicine while tracking to become Board Certified
- Allopathic and osteopathic physicians will be considered equally
- American born and trained physicians and foreign-born physicians who have completed a US residency (3-year minimum) and/or fellowship will be considered equally. H-1B and J-1 visa candidates will be sponsored.
- In-practice physicians, residents or fellows, and military-trained physicians will be considered equally
This is truly an exciting opportunity for the right candidate. For more information or to inquire further please contact our Coordinator of Physician Recruitment, Tami Kilcollins at 207-498-1158 or toll free 1-800-858-CARY (2279) or by email email@example.com. Thank you!