Intensive Care Unit- CNA/Unit Secretary 20 hrs/wk
Ensures the processing of ancillary department orders. Manages information via telephone, call bell, and direct conversation by directing to the appropriate person(s). Participates in up-staffing and down-staffing for the present and incoming shift in collaboration with the Charge Nurse/Supervisor/Nurse Manager. Performs CNA functions when requested, if applicable. Maintains a positive working relationship with co-workers and other health care professionals. Utilizes excellent customer service skills.
Education, Skills, Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Maintains current Maine C.N.A. certification
- Meets minimum of 12 hours per year of continuing education (hrs. submitted to Health Education Dept. for record keeping).
- ACU and SCU: attends/successfully completes unit secretary basic EKG monitoring course.
- Maintains current BLS (Heart Saver and Healthcare Provider).
- Accountable for competency and will perform in a minimum of two (2) nursing units.
Printable applications are available to download below which you may fax to: 207-498-1366 or mail to: 163 Van Buren Road, Caribou, ME 04736, or you may come to our office at the hospital between the hours of 7:30 and 4pm. Please email or call, Erica Johnson, HR Generalist, Employment Specialist at 498-1270 / firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provider.