Patient Safety Monitor- Per Diem
Job Summary: Under the supervision of an RN, provides close observation of patients. Assists in the provision of a safe and clean environment. Responsible for providing close and/or continuous observation of adolescent, adult and geriatric patients who may be at risk for adverse events such as falls, self-injury or harm to others.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Educated on and compliant with HIPAA regulations; maintains strict confidentiality of client information.
- Complies with Infection Control, Standard Precautions and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.
- Able to wear personal protective equipment (e.g., face mask, goggles, latex/non-latex gloves) as needed.
- Ability to work effectively within role independently and with other team members.
- Ability to organize and complete work in a timely manner.
- Ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English.
- The employee in this position must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide a safe environment based on the age of the patients served.
- Course for patient safety monitor