Respiratory Therapist Assistant/ CNA (35 hrs/wk)
Job Summary: Performs CNA functions and assists registered respiratory therapists as necessary. Maintains a positive working relationship with co-workers and demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
Availability Requirements: Monday-Friday, 630am-2pm. This schedule may change without notice based on the needs of the department.
- Helps to maintain unit supplies and equipment to meet patient care needs.
- Provide clear and concise instructions to patient as necessary.
- Perform electrocardiograms according to standard department procedure, assuring proper lead placement and minimal artifact.
- Perform Holter monitoring according to standard department procedure, assuring proper lead placement, and explicit patient instruction.
- Competently assists with cardiac stress testing.
- Adhere to decontamination and sterilization procedures established for equipment.
- Report patient and staff incidents as outlined in hospital-wide policy.
- Ensure departmental compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulatory agencies and with professional licensure.
- Interact with medical staff in a manner conducive to improving cardiopulmonary services.
- Assists to schedule cardiopulmonary patients for PFT, EEG, and Holter monitoring appointments and makes reminder calls as necessary.
- Assists with QM data collection.
- Any other duties assigned within scope of practice.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Maintains a current C.N.A. certificate in the State of Maine
- Successfully completes EKG/Holter monitoring training and associated competency.
- Maintains current BLS certification.
Education, Skills, Experience Requirements:
- Computer skills required as related to diagnostic equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal (verbal and written communication) and customer service skills.
- Must be able to perform well in stressful situations.
- Maintains a high degree of responsibility, accountability, and flexibility.
- Medical terminology not required, but desired.