RN Case Manager 12 hrs/wk
The Case Manager is accountable for the organization, and resources that are necessary and appropriate for the achievement of patient outcomes within effective time frames. In addition, the Case Manager will coordinate the plan of care among all members of the health care team. Must have ability to practice under minimal supervision to perform the following four essential activities of Case Management: Assessment, Planning, Implementation and Coordination. The Case Manager must assist to reduce practice variations, and enhance patient outcomes.
Education, Skills, Experience Requirements:
- Registered nurse must be a graduate of an approved School of Nursing and hold a current, valid license in the State of Maine.
- Two to three years’ experience as a registered nurse.
- Three to five years’ experience in an acute care hospital setting with at least two years of med/surg. experience.
- Recognition of quality of care and risk issues and report appropriate individual.
- Assessment of age-specific data in terms of patient needs
- Working knowledge of criteria used to assess levels of care.
- Obtain necessary annual CEU’s.
- Maintains current BLS certification.