At Cary Medical Center, we believe that delivering exceptional healthcare extends beyond our hospital walls. That is why we offer a variety of American Heart Association courses throughout the community so that all residents have access to life-saving education at little to no cost including:
- Heartsaver CPR
- Basic Life Support (for healthcare providers)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (for healthcare providers)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (for healthcare providers)
- IV Therapy (for medical professionals)
- AHA Instructor Courses (for medical professionals)
In addition, many of our in-house education programs can be customized to meet community needs and cover such topics as:
- Critical Thinking, Communication & Effectiveness
- Medication Safety
- There is No Health without Mental Health: Strategies for Addressing Challenging Behaviors
- Funeral & Cremation Services: What You Need to Know
- Stress Management
- Infection Control
- Mobility Skills
- Healthy Eating, Diabetes & Weight Management…and more!
For more details, specific program times or to arrange a training for your organization, contact our Nurse Educator, Erin Pelletier, at 498-1273.
Most of our education programs offered at the hospital are held in the Chan Center located near the main entrance. Our Community Resource Library is also located in the Chan Center. If you need assistance or are unfamiliar with our facility, our customer service volunteers would be happy to escort you.