Accounts Payable – 40 hrs/wk – Accounting
Job Summary: The accounts payable clerk processes all vendor bills for payment. He/she must verify all vendor bills for proper payment authorization. Then, he/she will record, track, and process the vendor bills for payment. Proper filing of unpaid and paid invoices and a monthly review of statements are required.
- Maintain friendly, courteous, professional and positive staff and public relations.
- All clean (matched) invoices and receiving records appropriately filed within 24 hours of receipt.
- Any invoice which does not match the receiving record is forwarded to the Purchasing Clerk for review and approval within 24 hours of receipt.
- All invoices needing voucher approval are forwarded to the appropriate Department Manager for review and approval within 24 hours of receipt.
- Voided checks, off-line checks, patient refunds and general run are completed weekly. Checks are started no earlier than Wednesday noon and are printed, matched to documentation, and ready for signature no later than 4:00 pm Thursday afternoon.
- Daily bank deposits are brought to the bank by 3:30pm on the same business day.
- Postage account is audited and replenished to a $3000.00 balance by the end of the second business day of the following month.
- Accounts payable detail trial balance, daily edit list, check register edit list and patient refund list are run at the request of the Controller, immediately after each batch, and weekly after each check run. All reports must be spooled and moved to permanent storage weekly.
- Purge accounts payable vendors are month for the month just ended, following accounts payable detail trial balance run.
- After all reports are run, ending balances are matched to GL for accuracy. Variances are identified and journal entries are prepared as needed.
- All GL account numbers starting with 16XXXX have an open file. Copies of invoices charged to these accounts and placed in the open file by the end of the month in which the invoice was processed.
- Miscellaneous receivables are appropriately recognized and statements are mailed within 3 business days of month end. Collection report is run and spooled to optical imager each month.
- All monthly statements are being reviewed and appropriate action is taken by the end of the month received.
- Maintain the spreadsheet of deposited funds and cash disbursements.
- Maintain accounts that require 1099’s. Complete 1099’s.
- Perform tasks not specifically listed upon request.
- Reconciles payroll bank statement.
- Work cooperatively with outside vendors. Voice mail messages are returned by the end of the next business day.
- Outstanding checks are researched and appropriate action is taken by the end of month.
- Communicates frequently with Controller regarding issues or concerns.
- Perform job duties timely and accurately.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.
- Meet the identified organizational requirements and work habits.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned and assist in overall administrative support to accounting department.
- Maintain the ability to set priorities, multi-task and work in an organized manner.
- Complies with local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
Education, Skills, Experience Requirements:
- Associates Degree in Accounting or Business, Bachelors’ Degree preferred, or at least three (3) years of experience in accounting field.
- Use of office equipment, i.e. adding machine, photocopier, fax machine, scanner and computer.
- Typing skill of at least 30 words per minute with accuracy.
- Ability to work independently, organize and prioritize work and to meet deadlines.