CNA/Unit Secretary – 24 hrs/wk – ACU
Job Summary: Ensures the processing of ancillary department orders. Manages information via telephone, call bell, and direct conversation by directing to the appropriate person(s). Participates in up-staffing and down-staffing for the present and incoming shift in collaboration with the Charge Nurse/Supervisor/Nurse Manager. Performs CNA functions when requested, if applicable. Maintains a positive working relationship with co-workers and other health care professionals. Utilizes excellent customer service skills.
1. Depending on department staffing needs, you may be asked to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
Education, Skills, Experience Requirements:
1. High school diploma or G.E.D.
2. Meets minimum of 12 hours per year of continuing education (hrs. submitted to Health Education Dept. for record keeping).
3. ACU and SCU: attends/successfully completes unit secretary basic EKG monitoring course.
4. Maintains current BLS (Heart Saver and Healthcare Provider).
5. Accountable for competency and will perform in a minimum of two (2) nursing units.
6. Maintains a current C.N.A. certificate in the State of Maine.