Chief Information Officer – Administration
Job Summary: As part of the administrative team, will be responsible for administration and coordination of information and technology throughout the organization. Consults and advises the hospital CEO on options and policies, provides input and shared responsibility for hospital planning and growth. Besides providing software and computer support, CIO must provide strategic business leadership and ensure the collection, maintenance, safety, and privacy of patient health records.
Essential Job Duties:
- Develop goals and strategies to ensure the IT department rounds smoothly and effectively.
- Directs and establish IT-related projects.
- Monitor changes in the technology sector to discover ways the hospital can improve and develop.
- Supervise the networks and computer systems to ensure optimal performance.
- Plan and direct the implementation of new IT systems.
- Provide leadership to IT specialists and other staff within the hospital.
- Create and adapt technological platforms to improve the client experience.
- Troubleshoot data-related issues and establish regular maintenance.
- Ensure hospital’s IT systems meet all legal and regulatory requirements (i.e. PHI, HIPAA).
- Directs the information systems of all hospital departments.
- Assists in development and implementation of short- and long-range management and organization plans consistent with the hospital’s vision, mission and strategic plan.
- Communicates regularly with the CEO concerning the operations of areas under supervision and disseminates pertinent information following administrative directives.
- Attends and services as an active participant at committee meetings as assigned.
- Participates in civic and professional organizations representing the interests of Cary Medical Center.
- Prepares and presents operational and financial reports as required at meetings and educates on the budget, forecasting and planning process.
- Acts as a liaison with employees, managers, physicians and Board members on issues of responsibility.
- Assists in the recruitment and retention of employees, managers and providers for our organization.
- Develops and maintains policies and procedures for areas of responsibility, assuring timely completion, approval and biannual review.
- Assists in maintaining accreditation standards of the Joint Commission, State Licensure, Medicare, Medicaid and other accreditation organizations.
- Complies with local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience as CIO or similar managerial role.
- Thorough knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure.
- Background in planning and implementing IT systems project.
- Previous experience in data analysis, budgeting and business operations.
- Strong strategic and business mindset.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills, along with communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or relevant field, Master’s preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in IT and data management.