CNA – 28 hrs/wk L’Acadie
This position is located at L’Acadie in Van Buren, ME
Provides direct and indirect patient care duties under the guidance and direction of the charge nurse. Responsible for carrying out components of the plan of care relating to basic human, social and emotional needs; comfort, safety and emergency measures; activities of daily living, personal care needs, nutrition and fluid needs, and elimination needs. Reports any incidents or abnormal findings to the charge nurse. Exhibits teamwork skills. Promotes patient advocacy. Supports the organization’s vision and mission. Utilizes knowledge of patient’s age and culture in provision of patient care.
Licenses and Education:
- Complies with local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Meets a minimum of 12 hours per year of continuing education (hours submitted to the Health Education Department for recording).
- Meets the unit’s annual competency training requirements.
- Maintains current Heartsaver or BLS.
- CNA/RA – High school diploma or G.E.D., Certified Nurses’ Assistant certification.