Community Relations Specialist/Grant Coordinator – 40 hrs/wk – Public Relations (anticipated opening)
Job Summary: Public Relations Generalist will work with the Marketing and Creative Design Coordinator. This position’s primary focus will be to promote and coordinate Cary Medical Center Special Events and Website maintenance.
- Manages Healthy You Program.
- Established Healthy You Annual Budget.
- Establishes Healthy You Annual Schedule.
- Coordinates Healthy You Advisory Council.
- Coordinates Cary’s participation in Relay for Life program.
- Supports Public Relations and marketing mission and strategic Plan.
- Coordinates Cary’s Annual Health fair.
- Collaborates with other PR staff in the development and maintenance of Social Medial Platforms.
- With PR Director, assembles the annual budget for PR Dept.
- Engages and joins appropriate community organizations.
- Meets the identified organizational requirements, work habits & promotes a collaborative & cooperative work environment.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned and assists in overall support in the PR department.
- Ability to set priorities, multi-task and work in an organized manner.
- Complies with local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Must be able to work during the week, weekends, or evenings as the need arises.
- Must be able to travel throughout the hospital and various locations as needed.
- Valid Maine Driver’s License and reliable transportation required.
Education, Skills, Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in specific discipline preferred
- Must have the ability to speak to groups and relate to all age groups.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Must have adequate interpersonal, writing and telephone skills.
- Must have skills with AV equipment and ability to troubleshoot difficulties.
- High degree of organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with community coalitions and teams
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Computer skills are needed for word processing, databases and spreadsheets. Experience with Microsoft Office and familiarity with Internet and Email required.
- Experience working with grant preferred.
- Ability to maintain a budget
- Ability to motivate employees to participate in wellness activities.