Cook – Nutritional Services 36 hrs/wk
Job Summary: Performance is assigned a variety of general food service tasks.
- Operates the dish machine following proper procedure. Checks and records temperature.
- Sets up tray line for service.
- Delivers and collects food carts and/ or trays to designated areas.
- Daily stock delivered to designated nursing units.
- Performs designated cleaning on daily schedule.
- When requested, is willing to adjust personal schedule to complete workload or cover for emergencies.
- Completes assigned task within designated time frame.
- Accepts and demonstrates understanding for both written and verbal instructions.
- Answers telephone promptly; handles information with courtesy, accuracy and respect for patient confidentiality; receives information and distributes messages as necessary.
- Recognizes and performs duties which need to be performed, although not directly assigned.
- Performs work in a manner conducive to good guest/ employee relations.
- Displays courteous, respectful and compassionate behavior towards patients and other customers utilizing effective communication skills.
- Seeks opportunities to become involved in the effort for service excellence.
- Prepares food by using standardized recipes to ensure maximum quality and minimum waste.
- Familiar with Dietary restrictions on modified diets.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work environment and assist in sanitation functions.
- Supervises the production and sanitation functions of the department.
- Uses reference material to ensure accuracy and assumes responsibility for reading and comprehending all posted minutes and memos.
- Complies with local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
Availability Requirements: Days, evening shifts, weekend rotations, on-call availability and holidays.
Education, Skills, Experience Requirements:
- High school or GED preferred.
- Ability to relate professionally with other hospital staff.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to the advantage of the patients and customers.