Dietitian – Per Diem – Nutritional Services
Job Summary: To perform functions of nutrition care such as nutrition screening, assessment, diagnosis and education. Provide assessment and monitoring of alternate feeding formulations (tube feeding and enteral nutrition).
- Provide high quality Nutrition Care to all in-patients at Cary Medical Center who are deemed at nutrition risk or requesting nutrition education.
- Develop and implement nutrition care based on information from the medical record, patient, family and health care team members.
- Evaluate and revise nutrition care plan as needed.
- Assure educational materials and practices reflect current research.
- Identify and provide self-management training of patients and families with appropriate Educational materials.
- Evaluate patient receiving supplemental nourishment, nutritional supplements and nutrition support.
- Provide monthly Nutrition Care to Maine Veterans’ Home, L’Acadie and Mercy Home client (or as needed).
- Responsible for the smooth functioning of the Diet Office. Provide diet education and guidance to the Nutrition Services Aides and assists fellow employees when own work load permits or when requested by management.
- Provide coverage in absence of second Dietician.
- Participate in Quality Assurance Program and responsible for policy / procedures regarding Nutrition Care.
- Participate in rounds, patient/resident care plan meetings, support groups, committees,etc., as indicated by area of responsibility.
- Appropriately document patient or resident visit, assessment or consult and submit information the within the same day.
- Effective and constant communication with medical, nursing and other health care team members through patient/resident care conferences, charting and individual consultation.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of regulatory standards by being in compliance.
- Complies with local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Meet the identified organizational requirements, work habits & promote a collaborative & cooperative work environment.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
License Requirements: State of Maine Licensure. Must have CDR credentialing to obtain Maine Licensure. Professional certification is desirable.
Availability Requirements: Routinely weekdays with some evenings and weekend work. Other availability requirements are adjusting schedule for professional duties as they arise.
Education, Skills, Experience Requirements:
- Must be credentialed by Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR).
- License or eligible in the state of Maine.