Information System Specialist – 40 hrs/wk IT
Job Summary: To install, maintain, and troubleshoot standard PC and Network hardware and software: resolve the majority of user and system problems; perform related work. Incumbents have an in-depth understanding of PC hardware, peripherals, devices, and software applications to independently install, maintain, and trouble-shoot PC. These positions reside in a dedicated information support center or are stationed at decentralized locations. At this level, incumbents are developing an understanding of local and wide area networks and assist senior staff in the identification and resolution of network operating problems. Incumbents may perform network infrastructure and maintenance tasks and may perform LAN administration and maintenance tasks. Some positions may perform first-tier user support functions.
- Tests and installs specific client applications and/ or reports using available software packages and forth generation languages
- Installs, tests, troubleshoots, and maintains hardware and software products.
- Assists in the installation of network infra-structure equipment including cabling plants, communications backbone equipment, and telecommunications hardware.
- Implements backup and recovery procedures.
- Maintains service logs
- Assists in monitoring and troubleshooting of LAN and WAN system performance and resolving communications and networking problems.
- Monitors problem/ change activities and coordinates involvement of technical and client staff and vendors to ensure effective implementation of new or enhanced systems and resolution of user problems.
- Maintains on-line or manual trouble logs and resolves client requests.
- Provide training to users on hardware and software applications.
- May define database standards and procedures.
- Prepare information and reports regarding Help Desk service activities.
- Perform LAN administration functions.
- Make recommendations to clients for future hardware or software additions or enhancements.
- Evaluating and resolving computer, system, and user problems including compatibility conflicts, application operations, hardware malfunctions, and telecommunications problems, installing and maintaining computer hardware, software, and peripherals in the network and/ or multi-platform environment; providing one-to-one IT training; using two or more applications software to support users RN with BSN and/ or training and education.
- Complies with local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled.
- Wears identification while on duty.
- Uses computerized punch time system correctly.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and tidy.
- Maintains and ensures patient confidentiality at all times.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Maintains regulatory requirements (i.e. Licensing, certification), if applicable.
- Adheres to safety policies as evidenced by in-service records and employee practices.
- Attends a minimum of 10 dept. managers meetings annually, reviews monthly staff meetings annually, reviews monthly staff meeting minutes of missed meetings
- Parks in designated employee areas, allowing accessible parking for the elderly, ill and visitors.
- Does not exceed 3% unscheduled absences.
Availability Requirements: Days, evening shifts, weekend rotations, on-call availability and holidays.
Education, Skills, Experience Requirements:
- Be flexible, self-motivated, dependable, and capable of prioritizing work and meeting deadlines.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to deal with the public, staff and community.
- Be diplomatic in handling difficult situations related to the department.
- Be flexible and adapt easily to interruptions.
- Exhibit excellent telephone skills and have superior computer skills.
- Be flexible to work occasional evening and weekends.
- Minimum Associates in Science in Information Systems, Bachelors in Science in Information Systems preferred.