IT – Clinical IT Specialist 16 hrs/wk INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY
Job Summary: Train and support the end-users of all clinical systems including but not limited to: Point of Care (POC), CPOE, PACS, E-forms, Order Entry, Enterprise-wide scheduling, Medication Verification / Omnicell, T-System, Dragon Medical, e-prescribing, Clinical Ad-hoc reporting, QI / Case Management, Docushare clinical repositories.
- Work with offsite users on system issues.
- Develop and update E-forms and Flow charts and PhysDoc templates as requested by users.
- Assist with the updating of clinical policies and procedures as needed.
- Clearly communicate changes and modifications to all stakeholders.
- Load software and perform upgrades.
- Record and update work order information as changes occur.
- Assist in setting up and monitoring clinical security settings, POC control tables, control tables.
- Attend CPSI and other vendor provider training on clinical applications.
- Attend CPSI provider user-conferences as requested by the Chief Information Officer.
- Serve on or report to relevant committee involved in clinical utilization, patient safety, case management, etc., as requested by the Chief Information Officer.
- Work closely with other Information Systems support staff to troubleshoot hardware and software issues involving clinical systems.
- Train and support medical staff on all relevant clinical applications.
Education, Skills, Experience Requirements:
- Be flexible, self-motivated, dependable, and capable of prioritizing work and meeting deadlines
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to deal with the public, staff and community
- Be diplomatic in handling difficult situations related to the department
- Be flexible and adapt easily to interruptions
- Exhibit excellent telephone skills and have adequate computer skills
- Be flexible to work occasional evenings and weekends
- 3 years’ experience in relevant clinical healthcare area with 2 year degree required – 4 year degree preferred.