IT Technician – 40 hrs/wk – IT Department
The IT Technician will serve as the first point of contact for Cary and Pines end-users seeking technical assistance. This position will provide phone, email and in-person support for technical issues at the various Cary and Pines locations. The candidate must have good technical skills, problem solving abilities and be able work under challenging conditions and timelines. This position serves as main help desk to provide technical support and assistance to resolve problems with the organizations computer networks and systems to include installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting standard PC and Network hardware and software: resolve the majority of user and system problems; perform related work. The IT Technician is expected to display good interpersonal skills as they will interact with colleagues from various departments and executive levels. Technician is required to listen to the end-user’s technical needs, understand problems and implement solutions.
1. Provide Helpdesk support.
2. Install and configure hardware and software components to ensure usability.
3. Troubleshoot hardware and software issues, either on-site or remotely.
4. Walk end-users through the problem-solving process.
5. Repair or replace damaged hardware.
6. Assist in the installation of network infra-structure equipment including cabling plants, communications backbone equipment, and telecommunications hardware.
7. Perform tests and evaluations on new software and hardware.
8. Provide support to users and being the first point of contact for error reporting.
9. Establish good relationships with all departments and colleagues.
10. Manage technical documentation.
11. Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures.
12. Evaluate and resolve computer, system, and user problems including compatibility conflicts, application operations, hardware malfunctions, and telecommunications problems, installing and maintaining computer hardware, software, and peripherals in the network and/ or multi-platform environment.
13. Perform other related duties as assigned.
1. Complies with local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
Education and Experience Requirements:
1. High School graduate or equivalent.
2. Associates degree in IT or a related field preferred.
3. Industry Certifications related to the position preferred.
4. Experience working in a hospital and/or medical office environment preferred.