Laundry Specialist Lead – Laundry Department – INTERNAL CANDIDATES
Coordinates the work activities of housekeeping and laundry personnel to ensure clean, orderly, and attractive conditions in the hospital. Coordinates activities of the department with those of other hospital departments. According to established procedures, cleans and services building areas. Moves furniture, equipment, and supplies in and around hospital departments; and performs a variety of environmental services duties to maintain the hospital in a neat, orderly and sanitary condition.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for orientation of staff.
- Assists with assigned duties to provide adequate staffing for the department.
- Assists with interviews and hiring new employees in conjunction with the director.
- Develops and maintains scheduling for staffing in laundry/housekeeping.
- Assists in performance evaluations.
- Assists in maintenance and repair of miscellaneous equipment making sure it is in safe and proper working order.
- Orders supplies as necessary.
- Maintains records of areas cleaned and project work, along with inspections. Discusses results with Director and develop plan for any corrections.
- Answers pages and/or beeper promptly; handles information with courtesy, accuracy; receives information and distributes messages as necessary.
- Uses reference materials to ensure accuracy and assumes responsibility for reading and comprehending all posted minutes and memos.
- Collects waste from specified areas.
- Collects infectious waste.
- Arranges furniture for meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Complete end of month reporting for fiscal services.
- Coordinate monthly staff meetings.
- Complies with local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
Education, Skills, Experience Requirements:
- High School or G.E.D.
- Some related work experience.
- Strong verbal, written, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
- Maintains MARS training if necessary.