MT/MLT/CLS Blood Bank Lead – 40 hrs/wk – Laboratory
Responsible for providing leadership in assigned area, ensuring quality service, operational efficiency and compliance with all State and Federal regulations, certification requirements and hospital and departmental policies. Will provide a level of technical competence that allows efficient, high-quality workflow related to patient sample acquisition and testing, quality control data, instrumentation management and procedure issues. This position has no discretionary decision-making pertaining to hiring, firing or disciplinary responsibilities.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Resolves routine operational issues in a timely manner involving the manager as appropriate.
2. Properly monitors inventories and orders all reagents and supplies when needed and to ensure there is enough on hand.
3. Maintains policy and procedure manual for area of responsibility, assuring review by manager.
4. Maintains compliance with CAP requirements and ensures that all requirements are addressed.
5. Ensures appropriate resolution of technical problems by serving as a resource to the staff for troubleshooting.
6. Responsible for the proper implementation of new equipment and procedures.
7. Ensures that all surveys are processed and reported appropriately.
8. Able to perform responsibilities in the other areas of the lab as designated.
9. Reviews QC and improvement data and submits data as appropriate.
10. Reviews monthly statistical reports and discusses with the manager.
11. Responsible for all linearity and reproducibility studies, ensuring their timely completion and appropriate documentation.
12. Ensures that preventive maintenance functions are completed appropriately, and records are reviewed and signed monthly.
13. Ensures appropriate and timely orientation and training for all new employees in assigned area, including documenting such orientation.
14. Participates in continuing education activities to enhance both technical and clinical expertise.
Licenses & Education:
1. Meets either a MLT, MT or CLS requirements.
2. Registry with ASCP, HEW or AMT, preferred.
3. CPR and basic first aid preferred.