Nurse Educator 36 hrs/wk
A Clinical Staff Educator is a Registered Nurse who provides training, leadership and development to nurses and other clinical staff in a hospital setting. This professional develops educational programs and educates staff to meet the hospitals competency requirements and promotes the best quality care for patients.
Essential Job Duties:
- Utilizes assessment strategies to determine staff learning needs.
- Conducts evaluation strategies to determine if provided education has met the outcome desired.
- Develops programs and lab experiences for presentation to staff.
- Provides presentation on healthcare subjects to enhance knowledge, skills and abilities of clinical staff.
- Coordinates new hire orientation program and works collaboratively with PCN/Leaders/Managers to facilitate programs.
- Coordinates nursing student orientation day and preceptorship process.
- Coordinates and manages the AHA Training Center (TC).
- Ensures that all clinical staff meet regulatory requirements when needed (i.e.: ACLS, BLS, PALS).
- Instructs ACLS/BLS/PALS courses and coordinates employees to attend all scheduled courses.
- Assist with online learning management system; development of content, assigning education and tracking compliance.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Recruiting (includes but not limited to)
- Communicate with the Director of Human Resources and HR Generalist on vacant Nursing positions and status of recruitment efforts.
- Plan, coordinate in retention and recruitment activities from within the medical center.
- Develop recruitment strategies that attract potential qualified candidates.
- Maintain relationships with local High Schools, Colleges and Universities of potential nursing students.
- Quality Management
- Responsible for overseeing the completion of the nursing services Quality Management data collection and input.
- Develops staff education and training based on Quality Management results.
- Complies with local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Current Maine RN license.
- Education experience preferred.
- Minimum AND degree; BSN preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of clinical protocol, procedures, and standards within area of nursing expertise.
- Ability to provide operational guidance and leadership to technical staff in area of specialty.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Ability to assess educational needs and design and develop responsible curricula.
- Working knowledge of use of established clinical and preceptorship models in the development of clinical education programs.
- Technical leadership skills within area of expertise.
- Advanced nursing skills in area of specialty.
- Ability to plan, implement, and evaluate individual patient care programs.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative team environment.