Nursing Administration – Executive Assistant 36 hrs/wk
Under the direction of the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO), responsible for the administration and support of the daily activities of Nursing Services, and other Nursing Leadership Team on as needed basis.
- Maintain positive staff and public relations in person, over the phone and through email communications.
- Provide clerical support to the CNO and other Nursing Leadership Team.
- Assist with coordination and preparation of Nursing Services’ activities, events and functions.
- Schedule meetings, reserve rooms and distribute agenda and necessary information as requested in a timely and complete fashion.
- Assist with vouchering of invoices and forward to account payable clerk in a timely fashion.
- Open all incoming interoffice envelopes, UPS, Federal Express, and U.S. Mail, including confidential mail, using discretion and maintaining confidentiality. Route all mail to proper department leader.
- Attend and coordinate meetings for Nursing Leadership as requested for the purpose of taking and transcribing meeting minutes.
- Assist and coordinate the gathering of QM data, NDNQI, HIIN and input into appropriate database, along with formulating graphs for presentation to committee meetings.
- Assist with maintaining accurate Time Trak records as requested by CNO and Nursing Leadership Team.
- Assist with the review, completion and updating of the Nursing Services and Nursing Unit policies and procedures.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by CNO.
- Ability to work between the core hours of 0800 and 1600 Monday thru Friday.
- Comply with local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Complete work with designated time frame and demonstrate ability to work independently.
- Show initiative and follow-through and maintain accountability for own actions.
- Ability to set priorities, multi-task and work in an organized manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Demonstrate judicious use of supplies.
Education, Skills, and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in health related field or other related field, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ secretarial experience at the executive level preferred.
- Excellent office management skills including written, verbal, analytical, work processing, and transcription.
- Working knowledge and experience in the use of Microsoft word, excel, and power point applications.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to relate professionally with other staff.
- Ability to work independently however also be able to work in teams.