Nursing Administration – Nursing Supervisor 12 hrs/every other week
Provide leadership to staff in the department in an effort to provide quality, effective patient care. Create an environment of patient-centered compassionate care to all patients seeking care at Cary Medical Center. Assure that competent staff is available to provide services in a cost-conscious manner; working collaboratively with fellow staff and other allied professionals.
- Facilitate the development of a nursing professional model for the delivery of patient care.
- Assist/facilitate staff to communicate effectively to produce positive patient outcomes.
- Identify opportunities to promote collaborative practice with physicians and other members of the health care team.
- Assist with interviewing and selection of qualified staff for the department.
- Develop strategies for patient care in collaboration with the staff that creates a receptive, compassionate, and respectful atmosphere for patients and families served.
- Act as a patient advocate by focusing the heath care team members on the patient’s goals.
- Develop a patient-responsive flow through the department that supports timeliness, facilitates communication, and ensures prompt quality care.
- Ensure patients are provided care congruent with established standards.
- Interact effectively with patients and families to promote patient satisfaction.
- Participate in the development of goals and objectives for the department in collaboration with the department manager.
- Bring feedback to the staff of the result to gain ongoing improvements and participation.
- Seek opportunities to become involved in the effort for service excellence.
Education, Skills, Experience Requirements:
- Current RN Maine license. BSN desirable.
- Has demonstrated leadership abilities and excellent communication skills. Must be able to work effectively with all levels of employees, staff, health care professionals and the public.
- Must have current BLS at time of hire. Must have ACLS/PALS Certification within one year of hire into this position.
- Annually attend the hospital sponsored Fire Safety, CPR, Electric Safety, Equipment Skills Day, Chemical Hazards, Body mechanics, Patient Skills Day and other required education programs.
- In addition to required educational programs, obtain a minimum of 15 hours per year of continuing education as approved and documented by the Hospital Education Department.