Patient Registration – 40 hrs/wk One Day Surgery
Job Summary: Responsible for scheduling all operative, endoscopic, and pain service procedures. Interacts professionally with staff, physicians, patients/family and others. Maintains communication lines for department. Records data as requested. Enters charges into the system. Performs all secretarial duties as requested.
- Maintains data for each procedure in the appropriate schedule book, and identifies scheduling conflicts and notifies appropriate manager, communicates all scheduling changes to team (ODS, OR, Anesthesia). Transmits daily schedule for all surgical service patients.
- Completes patient scheduling and registration for all surgical services.
- Schedules pre-surgical screenings, surgeries and clinical appointments and calls patient a day prior to surgery or procedure with time and abbreviated pre-op instructions.
- Maintains knowledge of billing charge entry, enters all charges for surgical, pain and anesthesia services.
- Informs patients of insurance notice.
- Keeps CPT/ASA codes updated for new procedures.
- Maintains and ensures completion of legal documentation of procedures, and assists team with entering patient orders on the CPSI system.
- Documents and communicates phone messages. Transcribes/distributes staff meeting minutes.
- Prepares appropriate service chart with required documents (inc. test results, bracelets, labels)
- Processes patients through One Day Surgery, compiles and files surgical documentation pending surgery date.
- Maintains departmental statistics and reports to fiscal services by the 8th of the month, reports returns to the OR for quality management.
Education, Skills, Experience Requirements:
- Must be a high school graduate.
- Medical terminology course is preferred along with knowledge and experience with Insurance programs and their requirements is also preferred. Position requires excellent typing, verbal and written communication skills.