Patient Registration – 25 hrs/wk
This position will be responsible for the clerical duties related to accurate patient registration, verification of insurances, entering patient demographic, and other duties as assigned by supervisor. Performs all assigned duties with emphasis on patient safety and satisfaction, accuracy, confidentiality and professionalism.
Essential Job Duties:
- Greets and assists patients and visitors.
- Obtains initial patient information, including demographic and insurance information; reviews and maintains patient data.
- Verifies patient account information through automated processes, registration interfaces, patient contact, or payer contact, researches missing or incorrect account information; appropriately updates account activity.
- Resolves registration and claim edits and completes registration reports to accommodate processing of charge entry and claim submissions.
- Schedules patient appointments and referrals appropriately.
- Forwards appropriate referrals to other providers as directed.
- Maintains patient medical records and ensures that appropriate information is ready for each clinic visit.
- Accurately performs charge entry process and inputs charges timely each day.
- Provides clerical duties such as typing, photocopying, and faxing.
- Makes reminder phone calls to patients for upcoming appointments.
- Barcode scans itemized daily supply list.
- Scans documentation into computerized systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Complies with local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Must be available to work days, nights, holidays and weekends depending on department staffing needs.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D, preferred
- Previous Medical Office experience, preferred
- Knowledge and skill in Microsoft Office documents (Word, Excel Spreadsheets, PowerPoint)
- Ability to answer phones and converse courteously and in a professional manner
- Interpersonal and customer service skills
- Maintains a high standard of responsibility, accountability and flexibility