Patient/Staff Nurse Educator – 36 hrs/wk ACU
Job Summary: Responsible for daily, comprehensive patient chart review and the ongoing education of patients and clinical nursing staff. The Patient/Staff Educator assists the Education Department to ensure staff compliance with mandatory annual education/ training requirements.
- Demonstrates broad and comprehensive clinical nursing expertise
- Demonstrates exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work in partnership with all disciplines, departments, and external organizations.
- Approaches both patient and staff education with an open-minded, adaptable, collaborative attitude.
- Resolves conflict promptly and privately.
- Obtains and/or maintains current ACLS and PALS certifications within 6 months of hire.
- Updates clinical knowledge and skills by maintaining professional competencies through continuing education programs, journals, workshops etc. (minimum of 15 hours/year).
- Serves on hospital committees to promote professional services and/or quality care.
- Attends hospital required educational programs.
- Complies with local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
Education, Skills, Experience, Licensure/Certification Requirements:
- State of Maine RN license (BSN preferred).
- BLS/ACLS/PALS Instructor within 1 year of hire.
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with routine nursing technologies.