Payroll Clerk – 40 hrs/wk Accounting
The payroll clerk position is responsible for maintaining the automated payroll system, processing bi-weekly payroll, preparing all quarterly and year-end tax reports, and W-2’s. The Payroll Clerk will also prepare monthly bank statements, answer any payroll related questions, train new managers on the payroll system, and complete all payroll verification forms. There may also be other accounting duties assigned.
- Complete bi-weekly payroll.
- Prepares Cary/Pines Receipts Tape daily.
- Maintain reports and automated payroll system.
- Check for accuracy and answer questions from Department Managers on timecard maintenance.
- Payroll and check/direct deposit processing and distribution.
- Transfer of funds and GL update. Prepare vouchers and enters into EHS for approval.
- Train new Department Managers on AOD.
- Maintain Time Clocks.
- Completes and files quarterly reports (941s, etc.)
- Completes and files W-2, W-3, and 1095C forms.
- Bank statements reconciliation on Operating Bank Account completed monthly
- Reviews and follows up on any outstanding payroll checks.
- Back-up to Accounts Payable when needed.
- Prepare journal entries as needed.
- Prepare databases, spreadsheets, reports, and memos as needed.
- Updates cost accounting program.
- Completed Chargemaster Analysis as needed/requested by Senior Accountant.
- Communicate frequently with Senior Accountant regarding issues or concerns.
- Perform accounting and other duties assigned.
Education, Skills, Experience Requirements:
- Must be able to organize, prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Must have adequate interpersonal, writing and telephone skills.
- Minimum of an associate’s degree in Accounting or other related field, or 2 years’ experience in related field.
- High degree of organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Computer skills are needed for word processing, databases and spreadsheets.