Physical Therapist Assistant – 40 hrs/wk – Rehabilitation
Responsible for implementation and documentation of treatment plans for patients/clients to relieve pain, restore function, and prevent/reduce disability from pediatric to the geriatric population with the goal of maximizing functional independence. Services are delivered according to the standards of care defined within the State of Maine Physical Therapy Practice Act. Services are completed following a defined plan of care, established by a Maine State Licensed Physical Therapist and communication with a Physical Therapist is paramount throughout patient care.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide accurate and thorough treatment for patients in a variety of settings. Varieties to include but not limited to the following:
- Inpatient, outpatient, homecare, skilled nursing, school, nursing facilities, and contracted services.
- Per supervising physical therapist, implements appropriate treatment plans aligning goals of patient, family, payor, and caregiver.
- Deliver highest quality of patient care.
- Document daily services rendered, including daily progress notes and charges.
- Documentation within 72 hrs. for hospital outpatient service.
- Payor certification form within 24 hrs. of service.
- Inpatient hospital documentation within 24 hrs. of service.
- Documentation for contracted services shall be according to contract standards.
- Communicate with supervising therapist to inform him/her of patient’s rehab status, through written documentation and verbal communication.
- Confers with Primary Charge of Rehabilitation Services problem issues and ideas for resolution.
- Demonstrates active role in program development and marketing.
- Participates in research or program development.
- Initiates and/or participates in implementation of programs.
- Initiates and/or participates actively in education of hospital staff of new programs.
- Initiates and/or participates actively in marketing of new programs.
- Demonstrates current, quality work as enhanced by professional journals, workshop attendance, and organization participation.
- Performs duties in a productive manner.
- Foster communication and demonstrate positive, respectful relationships with Rehabilitation co-workers, other hospital departments, contracted services, and all customers.
- Participate in education activities:
- Participation in Cary Medical Center’s Health Fairs.
- Staff Lectures.
- Other hospital related events.
- Assistance in quality management:
- Determine indicators
- Collect and analyze data
- Determine problem areas
- Implement solutions
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ensure that patient must be seen by physical therapist every 10 visits/30 days or as mandated by insurance company.
- Complies with local, state and federal laws and regulations.
Maine State Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant
CPR Certified & Basic First Aid
Valid driver’s license
Associates degree in Physical Therapy Assistant