Registered Nurse Manager – L’Acadie
Essential Job Duties:
The Nurse Manager is responsible for integrating, coordinating and monitoring each client’s active treatment program. The Nurse Manager is responsible for such tasks as coordinating, supervision, integrating and reviewing the various aspects of programs and services. The Nurse Manager promotes shared decision making and professional autonomy by providing input into executive level decisions. They provide clinical and administrative leadership and expertise. They are accountable for the financial and patient care outcomes for their area of responsibilities. They have major responsibilities for the implementation of the vision, mission, philosophy, care values, evidence-based practice, and standards of the organization within their defined area of responsibility.
- Ensures appropriate staffing in order to provide the best care possible to the residents we serve.
- Attends and maintains staff meetings at regularly scheduled dates.
- Attends Cary Medical Center Department Managers meetings.
- Communicates effectively with all staff that impacts the care and services of the residents.
- Provide all staff with effective supervision and coaching techniques utilizing a minimal effective response approach. Provide timely follow up on all coaching and supervision sessions both formally and informally. This can lead to progressive disciplinary action as outlined by Cary Medical Center policy.
- Ensure and enforce Cary Medical Centers’ standards of behavior.
- Provide clear expectations and boundaries to all staff supervised.
- Ensure each staff receives an objective and functional performance evaluation at least annually.
- Assist staff with problem and conflict resolution techniques that best meet the needs of all parties.
Continuous Active Treatment Services
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of resident schedules which include the coordination or planned times for all identified programs and services delivered to each resident.
- Ensure that each resident schedule and program are available to staff who are responsible for implementations.
- Responsible for observation of residents, data collection and progress towards individual plans.
- Provide continuous program revision based on individual needs and team decisions.
- Ensures consistency among external and internal programs and disciplines. (Ex: Day Habilitation Programs).
- Ensures service design and delivery which provides each individual with an appropriate active treatment program.
- Ensures that any discrepancies or conflicts between programmatic, medical, dietary, and vocational aspects of the individual’s assessments and program are resolved.
- Ensures a follow-up to recommendations for services, equipment and/or programs.
- Ensures that adequate environmental supports and assistive devices are present to promote independence.
- Ensures a periodic quality assurance review of each individual program plan for necessary changes or modifications.
Education and Staff Training
- Approves orientation plan and participates in the orientation process for all staff of L’Acadie.
- Review and approve written guidelines for implementation of each consultant recommendation.
- Approve and monitor the purchase of updated educational materials offered to staff.
- Makes decisions regarding approval for staff requests for outside educational workshops and classes.
- Maintains all employee personal files.
- Completes mandatory education requirements as established by State of Maine.
- Attends and actively participates in mandatory meetings (supervisory/staff meetings, specially constituted committee meetings).
- Promotes excellent working relationships with residents, guests, guardians, family members, employees, consultants, and vendors of the facility.
- Responsible for utilizing Cary Medical Center chain of command appropriately.
- Participates in all state, federal, JCAHO or any organizational survey.
- Organizes and participates in facility emergency preparedness and procedures.
- Follows absenteeism policy as outlined by Cary Medical Center.
- Promotes and reflects positively of Cary Medical Center both in the community and within the organization.
- Follows and enforces Cary Medical Centers’ Standards of Behavior.
- Develop, prepare, and present the annual budget in coordination with the facility administrator.
- Approve and dissect all purchases to ensure financial vitality and viability for the organization.
- Promotes dignity, respect, and advocacy for the rights and choices of the residents we serve.
- Supervises and maintains facility activity and recreation program. Ensures that in-house and community planned activities are age-appropriate to the individual resident served.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of the following as it relates to the residents we serve; Growth developmental factors; risk factors/preventative health measures; developmental age as it relates to developing habilitation plans.
- Identifies and provides solution to concerns and conflicts related to the age of the residents we serve.
Additional requirements and job specifications may become necessary. The QIDP will be responsible for additional tasks as instructed by the facility Administrator or CNO.
License and Educational Requirements:
Must have at least one year experience in providing services to individuals who have a variety of diagnosis including intellectual disabilities, mental illness, and developmental disabilities.