Respiratory Therapist Aide/CNA – 35 hrs/wk – Respiratory Department
Performs CNA functions and assists registered respiratory therapists as necessary. Maintains a positive working relationship with co-workers and demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
- Helps to maintain unit supplies and equipment to meet patient care needs.
- Provide clear and concise instructions to patient as necessary.
- Perform electrocardiograms according to standard department procedure, assuring proper lead placement and minimal artifact.
- Perform electroencephalography according to standard department procedure.
- Perform Holter monitoring according to standard department procedure, assuring proper lead placement, and explicit patient instruction.
- Competently assists with cardiac stress testing.
- Adhere to decontamination and sterilization procedures established for equipment.
- Report patient and staff incidents as outlined in hospital-wide policy.
- Ensure departmental compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulatory agencies and with professional licensure.
- Interact with medical staff in a manner conducive to improving cardiopulmonary services.
- Assists to schedule cardiopulmonary patients for PFT, EEG, and Holter monitoring appointments and makes reminder calls as necessary.
- Assists with QM data collection including O2 rounding, crash cart checks, critical EKG data, etc.
- Any other duties assigned within scope of practice.
- Complies with local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
- Wear identification while on duty.
- Use computerized punch system correctly.
- Adhere to dress code, appearance is neat and tidy.
- Maintain and ensure patient confidentiality at all times.
- Comply with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Maintain regulatory requirements as applicable (e.g. licensing, certification).
- Attend department staff meetings.
- Adhere to safety policies as evidenced by in-service attendance records and employee practices.
- Park in designated employee areas, allowing accessible parking for the elderly, ill, and visitors.
- Do not exceed 3% unscheduled absences.
- Complete work within designated time.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and maintain accountability for own actions.
- Show initiative and follow-through.
- Demonstrate productivity at work (makes good use of down time).
- Perform duties willingly and enthusiastically.
- Return to work from breaks, meals, meetings, and in-services in a timely fashion.
- Take appropriate actions when safety issues are identified (report hazardous situations to appropriate person, remove malfunctioning equipment, etc.)
- Follow recommendations designed to reduce worksite injuries (proper body mechanics, personal protective gear, safe sharps, etc.).
- Demonstrate the ability to be flexible, organized, and function under stressful situations.
- Demonstrate judicious use of supplies.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Maintains a current C.N.A. certificate in the State of Maine
- Successfully completes EKG/Holter monitoring training and associated competency.
- Maintains current BLS certification.
- Monday-Friday, 630am-2pm. This schedule may change without notice based on the needs of the department.
Education, Skills, Experience Requirements:
- Computer skills required as related to diagnostic equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal (verbal and written communication) and customer service skills.
- Must be able to perform well in stressful situations.
- Maintains a high degree of responsibility, accountability, and flexibility.
- Medical terminology not required, but desired.