ROI/File Tech- 40 hrs/wk
Job Summary: Activities include, but are not limited to: maintaining medical record integrity through filing, assembling, and retrieving patient records and maintaining the patient master index. Also assists Physicians and hospital staff in locating medical records. Responsible for charge entry as assigned.
- Complete the OPD unit record procedure to include ER, WI Clinic, and Specialty Clinic.
- Retrieve medical records, sign out as outlined in a timely manner, and deliver charts to ED if nursing cannot pick up.
- File all medical records in appropriate area within Health Info Management.
- File all inpatient late reports as they appear in department.
- File living wills/advanced directives as outlined in a timely manner.
- File all ancillary reports in a timely manner.
- Complete final review procedure on inpatient and ODS medical records.
- Maintain a working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Enter, batch total, and post charges in a timely fashion.
- Attend workshops and in-services when made available.
- Perform in an independent manner with some supervision.
- Display courtesy at all times when communicating with Physicians and staff members.
- Perform backup for Discharge Analyst when needed.
- Process ROI requests in a timely manner.
- Perform related duties as assigned, or as the situation dictates.
Education, Skills, Experience Requirements:
- Completion of any in-hospital training required.
- Ability to relate professionally with other hospital staff.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- High School Diploma or GED/equivalent business training.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred; office procedures; typing.