Senior Accountant – 40 hrs/wk Accounting
Job Summary: The Senior Accountant will become an engaged Business Office team member while completing key job functions. Responsibilities also include contributing data and working collaboratively with the Controller and Chief Financial Officer to analyze trends, costs, and revenues.
- Ensure that all business is conducted in an ethical and professional and timely manner.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the CPSI, EHS and AOD systems.
- Assist in audits of monthly fiscal reviews.
- Maintain internal controls.
- Assist in preparation of annual financial statement audit and provide timely responses to external auditors.
- Assist Controller in preparation of annual Cost Reports.
- Monthly preparation of miscellaneous receivables.
- Assist with maintaining and operating a cost accounting system.
- Assist with annual budget process and monthly reporting.
- Provide back up support to Payroll Accountant and Accounts Payable Clerk as needed.
- Monthly bank statement reconciliation on all bank accounts.
- Assist in annual Chargemaster Analysis.
- Communicate frequently with Controller regarding issues or concerns.
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer and Controller in daily operations as needed/requested.
Education, Skills, Experience Requirements:
- Must be able to organize, prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Must have adequate interpersonal, writing and telephone skills.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in the area of Accounting or Business is preferred.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- High degree of organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with community coalitions and teams.
- Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Computer skills are needed for word processing, databases and spreadsheets.
- Ability to maintain a budget.
- Ability to motivate employees to participate in wellness activities.