Social Worker – 20 hrs/wk L’Acadie
This position is located at our Van Buren Location, L’Acadie.
Job Summary: The Social Worker is responsible for advocating for the rights of clients, communicating with clients, parents, and guardians, enhancing the coping capabilities of each client’s family, maximizing the social functioning of each client, and maintaining appropriate documentation. The social worker will be part of an interdisciplinary team providing a spectrum of services which will be provided to the residents through the use of social work methods.
Essential Job Duties:
- Participates in the development of each client’s Person Centered Plan and fulfills service needs as determined by the Team.
- Completes a Social Service Care Plan within one (1) month of admission, which shall identify the social-emotional needs of the resident and his/her family, and ensures the plan will be integrated and coordinated with the PCP. Updates to the plan will be made annually or as needed.
- Completes psycho-social history and assessments within one (1) month of resident admission, with an update as needed or at least every three (3) years.
- Serves as a primary advocate for residents.
- Serves as the primary contact between the facility and families/guardians.
- Provides oversight to direct support staff in regards to social services matters.
- Facilitates, coordinates, and/or takes minutes at meetings as needed.
- Differentiates and appropriately responds to issues as they come up; addressing immediate issues and deferring non-immediate issues to the appropriate supervisor.
- Completes progress notes entered at least quarterly containing a summary of contacts with the resident and family, progress made on goals identified in the social work services care plan and significant events.
- Ensures that all necessary consents are in place in order for services to be provided.
- Oversee and facilitates admissions and discharges ensuring that all necessary documentation is completed.
- Seeks out resources to meet resident’s needs as identified in the Social Services Plan or PCP.
- Monitors and documents personal needs of each resident and ensuring purchases are completed in a timely manner.
- Updates the BMS-085 classification forms semi-annually.
- Must have an active, valid Maine Social Work license
- Must have completed an accredited B.S. program in Social Work
- Maintains current BLS certification.