Specialist – 36 hrs/wk Nutritional Services
Responsible for all Laundry, Housekeeping, and Nutritional Services function to support our patients, families, and co-workers.
- Operates the dish machine following proper procedure. Checks and records temperature.
- Sets up tray line for service.
- Delivers and collects food carts and/ or trays to designated areas.
- Daily stock delivered to designated nursing units.
- Performs designated cleaning on daily schedule.
- When requested, is willing to adjust personal schedule to complete workload or cover for emergencies.
- Completes assigned task within designated time frame.
- Accepts and demonstrates understanding for both written and verbal instructions.
- Answers telephone promptly; handles information with courtesy, accuracy and respect for patient confidentiality; receives information and distributes messages as necessary.
- Recognizes and performs duties which need to be performed, although not directly assigned.
- Performs work in a manner conducive to good guest/ employee relations.
- Displays courteous, respectful and compassionate behavior towards patients and other customers utilizing effective communication skills.
- Seeks opportunities to become involved in the effort for service excellence.
Within 1 year of hire date:
- ServSafe Food Handler Certification (Nutritional Services Staff)
- CHEST-Certified Healthcare Environmental Services Technician Certification (Housekeeping Staff)
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
- Ability to work unsupervised and relate professionally with other hospital staff.
- Ability to read and write at least at the eighth grade level.