Hospitality Services – Specialist 36 hrs/wk (2 positions available)
The Support Services position encompasses housekeeping, laundry and nutritional services departments. Primary functions include collecting soiled laundry from throughout the facility and the Maine Veterans’ Home, sorting, washing, folding and distribution of clean laundry to departments when assigned to laundry. When working in housekeeping primary duties include cleaning and maintaining areas of the hospital in a sanitary, orderly, and attractive condition. When assigned to nutritional services the roles are to preform a variety of general food service tasks.
Education, Skills, & Experience:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
- Ability to work unsupervised and relate professionally with other hospital staff.
- Ability to read and write at least at the eighth grade level.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Maintains MARS training if necessary.