Swtichboard Operator – 36 hrs/wk
To recognize and execute all functions necessary to receive and distribute calls, complete required reports, handle emergencies and acts as a consultant to customers coming into the hospital.
- Courteously and effectively receives and distributes telephone communications.
- Directs traffic and questions for patients and outside sources.
- Keeps an accurate detail of all inpatients.
- Maintain and report, as requested, on-going logs, staffing meeting minutes, etc.
- Be familiar with all Switchboard daily functions.
- Clearly and accurately record patient information for distribution.
- Demonstrates an awareness of preparing and completing clerical duties and extra assignment as required.
- Completes assignments with accuracy and efficiency.
- Complies with local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
Education, Skills, and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have excellent telephone etiquette.
- Type at least 30 WPM with accuracy.