Pines Health Services is a physician practice management organization with 27 physicians and 13 mid-level providers. Pines’ northern Maine locations include Caribou (5 offices), Presque Isle, Limestone and Van Buren. In the fall of 2007, the practice was designated as a Federally Qualified Health Center, providing enhanced access to health care services for all members of the community, and allowing the practice to employ providers holding H-1B and J-1 visas. Pines received a multi-year New Access Points grant from the Federal government in the fall of 2007.
For over 25 years Pines Health Services has provided care to a service area population numbering about 35,000 people. Pines Health Services has a dedicated, volunteer Board of Directors, and a strong, supportive relationship with Cary Medical Center. Pines providers are active members of Cary’s Medical Staff.
Our clinical staff is fully engaged in quality improvement, earning multiple blue ribbons from the Maine Health Alliance. We are a designated preferred provider for State of Maine employees, and have been recognized by Anthem Blue Cross / Blue Shield as a preferred provider based on the demonstrated quality of care provided to our patients.
Unlimited potential exists for an Internist to join our practice in Presque Isle and Caribou, dynamic communities that are economically, culturally, and socially inviting. Additional opportunities exist to join our practice as a Hospitalist working at Cary Medical Center. These opportunities have come about due to the expansion of our services to additional communities.
As an employee of Pines Health Services, the successful Internal Medicine candidate will receive a competitive salary, generous health and welfare benefits package, professional liability insurance, CME reimbursement, relocation assistance, and education loan repayment, if applicable. The physician will also receive an annual allowance for licensing, DEA registration, professional society membership, and medical journal subscriptions. Immigration assistance provided by expert legal counsel is provided at the expense of the practice for candidates needing a J-1 waiver, H-1B visa or green card.
To deliver the highest quality healthcare in a compassionate and nurturing environment throughout Aroostook County.
We are a community of providers committed to excellence in patient-centered healthcare and to improving the lives of those we serve. We are actively engaged in advancing the health and wellness needs of people in Aroostook County, including the unserved and underserved.
- 7 Internists (including 4 Hospitalists) and 4 Family Practitioners at Pines Health Centers in Presque Isle, Van Buren and Caribou. Current recruitment includes an additional 3 physicians in either IM or FP.
- Hospitalists provide inpatient coverage, including weekends, at Cary Medical Center
- 3 full-time midlevel providers in both Presque Isle and Caribou
- Pines Health has a telephone triage system to screen after-hours calls.
- Specialists available in Pines Caribou offices include urology, vascular and thoracic surgery, general surgery, and ophthalmology.
- Access to Cary Medical Center outpatient clinics including Cardiology, Pulmonary, Hematology/Oncology, Endocrinology, Neurosurgical, Ear, Nose and Throat, Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Nephrology, Pediatric Gastroenterology, Podiatry, and Rheumatology, along with diabetes counseling and nutritional therapy.
Grow the practice resulting from retirees and families moving into the area, and to support the growth of local industry, including the Defense Financing and Accounting Service (DFAS), the Maine Military Authority and an influx in the number of U.S. Border Patrol officers.
- Status: Full-time: 5 days per week (option #1); 10-hour shifts, 4 days per week (option #2); Saturday hours may be considered in the future in response to the health care access needs of our communities.
- Patients: Patient profile includes a large cohort of elderly patients with co-morbidities
- On-Call Rotation – approximately one weeknight every 5 – 6 weeks due to night hospitalist coverage, infrequent back-up required on weekends
Qualifications of applicants:
- Board Certified or board eligible
- Allopathic and osteopathic physicians will be considered equally
- American born and trained physicians and foreign-born physicians who have completed a US residency and/or fellowship will be considered equally. H-1B and J-1 visa candidates will be considered.
- In-practice physicians, residents or fellows, and military-trained physicians will be considered equally.
This is truly an exciting opportunity for the right candidate. For more information or to inquire further please contact our Coordinator of Physician Recruitment, Tami Kilcollins at 207-498-1158 or toll free 1-800-858-CARY (2279) or by email email@example.com. Thank you!