Physical Therapist – 40 hrs/wk – Rehabilitation
Responsible for the evaluation, diagnosis, prognosis, development, implementation and documentation of treatment plans for patients/clients to relieve pain, restore function, and prevent/reduce disability from pediatric to the geriatric population with the goal of maximizing functional independence. Services are delivered according to the standards of care defined within the State of Maine Physical Therapy Practice Act.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide accurate and thorough initial evaluation and re-assessments for patients in a variety of settings. Varieties to include but not limited to the following:
- Inpatient, outpatient, homecare, skilled nursing, school, nursing facilities, and contracted services.
- Develop individualized, appropriate treatment plans aligning goals of patient, family, payor, and caregiver.
- Deliver highest quality of patient care.
- Document daily services rendered, including initial evaluation, payor certification forms, daily progress notes, charges, and discharge summaries.
- Documentation within 72 hrs. for hospital outpatient service.
- Payor certification form within 24 hrs. of service.
- Inpatient hospital documentation within 24 hrs. of service.
- Documentation for contracted services shall be according to contract standards.
- Communicate with provider to inform him/her of patient’s initial status, progress, and discharge status through written documentation and verbal communication as necessary.
- Confer with Primary Charge of Rehabilitation Services problem issues and ideas for resolution.
- Demonstrate active role in program development and marketing.
- Participates in research or program development.
- Initiates and/or participates in implementation of programs.
- Initiates and/or participates actively in education of hospital staff of new programs.
- Initiates and/or participates actively in marketing or new programs.
- Demonstrate current, quality work as enhanced by professional journals, workshop attendance, and organization participation.
- Perform duties in a productive manner.
- Foster communication and demonstrate positive, respectful relationships with rehabilitation co-workers, other hospital departments, contracted services, and all customers.
- Participate in education activities:
- Participation in Cary Medical Center’s Health Fairs.
- Staff lectures.
- Other hospital related events.
- Assist in quality management:
- Determine indicators
- Collect and analyze data
- Determine problem areas
- Implement solutions
- Demonstrate outstanding customer service skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Complies with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
Valid driver’s license
Physical therapist with a Maine State License.