Registered Nurse – 36 hours/week, 24 hours/week and 12 hours/week Intensive Care Unit
Job Summary: Delivers quality nursing care according to the standards within the ANA Standards of Clinical Practice and Maine Nurse Practice Act. Demonstrates competence in nursing assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation. Exhibits leadership skills and teamwork. Promotes patient advocacy and supports learning needs of staff and students. Collaborates with other disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes. Supports the organization’s vision and mission. Utilizes knowledge of patient’s age and culture in provision of patient care. Maintains organizational and unit requirements. Promotes a collaborative and cooperative environment with emphasis on customer service.
- Maintain a current professional Maine registered nurse license with no lapse in re-licensing
- Maintains current BLS, and ACLS.
Education, Skills, Experience Requirements:
- Accountable for competency in and will perform in a minimum of two nursing units.
- Meets a minimum of 15 hours per year of continuing education (hours submitted to the Health Education Department for recording).
- Meets the unit’s annual competency training requirements.
- Depending on department staffing needs, you may be asked to work nights, weekends, and holidays.